Mings Garden Montgomery
Classic Chinese Fried Rice
– 6 tablespoons Cooking Oil
– 2 Eggs
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 2 Scallions, chopped
– 1/2 cup Fresh Shrimp, shelled, deveined and diced
– 4 cups cold, Cooked Rice (preferably long-grain white rice)
– 1/2 cup cooked Peas
– 1/4 cup canned diced Bamboo Shoots
– 1/4 cup diced Boiled Ham
– 1/2 cup diced Cooked Chicken
– 1/2 cup diced Chinese Roast Pork or left-over Roast Beef or Veal
– 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
Cook until shrimp shows pink. Break up lumps of cold cooked rice. Add to shrimp. Stir until rice is heated and the grains of rice are separated.
Make a hole in the center of the rice. Add all the rest of the ingredients except soy sauce. Stir until thoroughly heated and mixed. Sprinkle soy sauce over rice and mix evenly through. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional chopped scallions if desired.